A poetry and photography blog for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime!

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Acrostic

Ok these soud like they could be a lot of fun! An acrostic poem is a poem where the first letter in each line in order makes a word or phrase.
EX: -Sam has
-A bike that
-Might be just like mine.

The first letter in each of the sentences spelled out the name Sam. Normally the word or phrase is relavent to teh poem but doesn't have to be.
I hope you try writting these! They don't have to rhyme or anything :) get creative!!

2 comments:

  1. I used to do these types of poems in elementary and they never really sounded good. I like to write poems but I don't necessarily like doing these types of poems. It's fun to see all the funny lines you come up with for a letter though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha thanks. I'm glad you enjoy them. I guess they are kind of funny but it wouldn't matter because I could never take these sorts of poems seriously. MAybe you should post one of your own poems up here. Any poet that writes is good. Its all about the soul.

    ReplyDelete